A Michelin Star Restaurant in Siam
Paste Restaurant in the Gaysorn shopping centre is another proof that the Bangkok dining scene never ceases to evolve and improve. Paste Restaurant started in Sukhumvit and already made a name over there. Since they moved to the Ploenchit neighbourhood, the restaurant got even better, and with the undeniable talent of Chef Bee, Paste received a Michelin Star.
Located on the top floor of this exclusive mall in the heart of Siam, Paste is beautiful but a little intimidating at first. The friendly staff welcome you with a wai and invites you to sit at a table, or in one of the little alcoves near a floor to ceiling window facing CentralWorld Shopping Mall. The alcoves are definitely a lot more attractive, offering a panoramic view on the hectic Bangkok avenue.
Chef Bee prepares with great care a beautiful modern Thai cuisine that respects the original ingredients and adds a delicate touch to each dish. It is truly is a culinary discovery. Each dish is beautifully presented and arrives at the table at the right pace, and is well described in just a few words. The service at Paste is fully part of the dining experience. We ordered 5 dishes for 2 persons, wondering if this was enough as modern cuisine often serves small portions. Actually, 5 dishes were just right, allowing just enough room for dessert.
What we ordered
- Superbly presented northern Chiang Mai salad of freshwater river prawn with roasted banana chilli, char-grilled tomatoes & pink Mempat flower (400 baht)
- Miang betel leaves of Irish creamy oysters with ginger, roasted coconut, popinac and galangal jam (450 Baht). Betel leaves are often used in Thai dishes and have a unique taste, and you really should try it, a beautiful and unique mix—river prawn salad (800 baht).
- Slow-cooked Australian beef cheek with fresh northern ‘Hang-Lay’ curry paste, pickled garlic, ginger, lemongrass & dry spices (700 baht)
- The big winner was the steamed wild sea bass fillet with white turmeric, fennel & lemongrass ‘lon’ sauce, absolutely fantastic (700 baht).
- Dessert was Lemongrass and white turmeric Panna Cotta with Chiang Mai strawberry and som saa ice cream, fresh mango, berries and dragon fruit (400 baht), but while it was beautifully presented.
Paste Bangkok is a winner that makes it one of the best restaurants in Bangkok, and if you are in the Siam area, you definitely should save a meal and try it.
Paste restaurant photos
Paste Restaurant Info
Address: 999 Phloenchit Rd, Lumphini, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330
Open: 12 pm – 2 pm, 6.30 pm – 11 pm
Tel: 02 656 1003
Reservations: Strongly recommended
ペースト バンコク を日本語で読む